Shop-Wechsel

Der Warenkorb wird nicht übernommen.

Zum Firmenkunden / Bildungseinrichtungs Shop

Uhren

Firmware update just hangs

Beiträge zu diesem Thema: 2

ELV Bausatz Real-Time-Clock-DCF-Modul mit I2C, SPI u. UART-Schnittstelle, RTC-DCF

Artikel-Nr.: 130541

zum Produkt
Firmware update just hangs
Antwort als hilfreich markieren
0Positive Markierungen
Antwort als nicht hilfreich markieren
0Negative Markierungen
Melden Sie diesen Beitrag
27.09.2016, 23:02

(Sorry for the English entry - feel free for responses in German!)

I was having problems with the alarm interrupt. It was not firing and thought to upgrade the firmware. I have downloaded and unpacked the firmware-Update V1.3.

In my case, I am not using Arduino and have already removed the module from the shield. So my only option is to use the UM2101.

When I run the update.bat, I get asked for the COM port, in my case 4 and press enter. Another window opens for the update.exe and nothing else. I don't get any percentage progress. Just a blank window. Connecting a Scope, I can see no activity at all on the Tx and Rx lines.

I did connect PUTTY to the UM2102 and could see that it seems to be working fine (i.e. bridged the Rx and Tx).

One thing I find puzzling is in the "Firmware-Update des RTC-DCF.pdf", It says to connect Tx to Tx and Rx to Rx between the DCF77 and the UM2102. I am wondering if that is correct? Normally Tx is connected to Rx and Rx is connected to Tx, I would have thought - I did swap these over and there is still no response.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Microsoft Windows
(c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

E:\ELV\DCF77\130541_firmware_update_v1_3\Firmware-Update V1.3>update.bat
Updaten der Firmware
==================================

Hardware in den Update-Modus versetzen und
Nummer der COM-Schnittstelle eingeben:4

Aw: Firmware update just hangs
Antwort als hilfreich markieren
0Positive Markierungen
Antwort als nicht hilfreich markieren
0Negative Markierungen
Melden Sie diesen Beitrag
27.09.2016, 23:30
OK. It helps to write out the problem in a forum ;)

I went back and fired up Virtual Box with an install of Windows 8 and ran the update.bat from there. Two things were different

1. The zip I downloaded on the Windows 8 contained different files to the one I had picked up previously. I may have gotten an older release of the firmware!

2. The warnings from Windows regarding running the program were different and I selected the "Run Anyway" button this time.

The result was the firmware now applied OK. i.e. I got the % status.

Regarding the comment/question about the connection of Rx and Tx. It seems that the Rx to Rx and Tx to Tx is correct after all.